Located on the grounds of Coast Guard Station Chatham, Chatham Light has a long and rich history and is available to tour during select months. Read the complete history of the lighthouse.
- Tours are subject to cancellation due to rain.
- Children less than 45″ tall are not allowed above the base.
- Proper footwear required to climb the metal stairs and ladder.
- Appropriate clothing is recommended for climbing a ladder.
- Reservations not required and no fee to tour the lighthouse.
- Climbing the lighthouse requires significant physical exertion on 44 steps followed by 8 steps on a ladder. Anyone not wishing to climb is welcome to visit the base of the lighthouse for a brief history.